Weighing about 80 pounds when rescued, the emaciated and dehydrated pups were treated for infections, taught to feed themselves, and reached a goal weight of 150 pounds before they were released.
This is how I described the aesthetic visual information recorded in this picture:
1. The picture divides into 4 quadrants, demarcated by an X-shaped composition
2. Mostly vertical multi-colorful bands that were pine trees and/or reflections build a series of decorative motifs.
3. The top pyramidal quadrant (that was snow-covered mountain) recedes slightly.
4. The two side quadrants push forward.
5. The bottom V-shaped quadrant (that was the lake) displays a rich, cool series of greens, blues, and lavenders. This unit slides back in space while the pyramidal dock and red dome-shaped rowboats on it move forward and hang, suspended, in the foreground plane.
6. Within each quadrant rhythms of stripes and bands move back and forth in space reinforcing the picture idea.